2. Which of Newton’s three laws would explain
why if you pulled with equal force on a Volkswagen and 747 jumbo jet which
would move faster?
A) Newton’s First Law of Motion B) Newton’s Second Law of Motion
C) Newton’s Third Law of Motion
3. How much work was performed to pull
a cart 6 meters with 120 N of force?
A) 0.05 J B) 20 J C) 180 J D) 720 J
4. How fast is a 0.05 kg bullet moving
if it has 20 J of kinetic energy?
A) 0.5 m/s B) 1 m/s C) 20 m/s D) 28.3 m/s
5. KE depends mostly on what variable
A) force B) mass C) acceleration D) velocity
6. How much power does pump have if it
can expend 20 N of force to move water over 100 m in 50 seconds?
A) 10 W B) 40 W C) 250 W D) 100,000 W
7. Which of the following objects has the
A) 1kg object at 200m/s B) 10kg object at 30m/s
C) 20kg object at 20m/s D) 100kg object at 2m/s
8. Which of the following is the best example
of an elastic collision?
A) pool balls striking on another B) punching through sheetrock
C) two cars crashing into one another
9. If car A has a mass of 500 kg and is
heading to the left at 10 m/s and car B has a mass of 500 kg and is heading
to the right at 20 m/s second, then after they collide (and stick together),
A) go to the left at 5 m/s B) go to the left at 20 m/s
C) go to the right at 5 m/s D) go to the right at 20 m/s
10. If you double the distance between
two objects, the force of gravitational attraction between the two of them
A) one fourth as strong B) one half as strong
C) twice as strong D) four times as strong
11. Which path does mud fly off a rotating wheel?
12. An axe is an example of which two simple
A) lever, screw B) pulley, inclined plane
C) wedge, lever D) wheel, lever
13. A pair of pliers is an example of what
A) inclined plane B) lever
C) pulley D) screw
14. If a crowbar is exerting 200 N of force
at the tip 5 cm away from the fulcrum, how much force is being applied
on the other end of the bar 100 cm from the fulcrum?
A) 2.5 N B) 10 N C) 1000 N D) 4000 N
15. Which has the greatest moment of inertia
(if they all have the same mass and same length/radius)?
A) baseball bat B) bicycle tire
C) metal ball on a string D) propeller
16. Which of the following is not an example
of simple harmonic motion?
A) a bungee cord with a jumper at the end B) a child on a swing
C) a merry-go-round rotating D) a plucked guitar string
17. What measure is greatest at the equilibrium
position of something in simple harmonic motion?
A) acceleration B) force C) mass D) velocity
18. If you pull 0.25 m on a spring with
a spring constant of 2.5 N/m, how much force will you have to exert?
A) 0.1 N B) 0.625 N C) 10 N
19. What is the frequency of a wave with
a period of 10-4 s?
A) 10 MHz B) 1,000 Hz C) 10,000 Hz
20. If a wave is moving at the speed of
light (3.00 x 108 m/s), what is its wavelength if it has a frequency of
A) 0.33 m B) 10 m C) 100 m D) 10,000 m
|Back to the Physics index|