1. Take a few scoops of soil and place it in a funnel. Let it settle, but DO NOT pack it down.
2. Place the spout of the funnel in a graduated cylinder to catch any water that runs out.
3. Pour 15 mL of water into the funnel of soil from a second graduated cylinder.
4. Record the amount of water that
comes out after 2, 5, 10, and 20 minutes.
Water permeation after...
Soil Type 2 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes 20 minutes
1. What are a few reasons knowledge
of soil permeability might be important?
2. What are some other characteristics
of soil which might also be important?
|Back to the Geology index|