2. How was Mendeleevís scheme for
listing elements different from that used in the modern periodic table?
3. What is ionization and when does it
4. How do atomic radii change across
the periodic table? Draw a diagram to illustrate and explain this
5. Which periods represent the alkali
metals, halogens, noble gases, alkaline earth metals?
6. Which elements are metals and
which are classified as non-metals? (It might be easier for you to
tell me which parts of the periodic table contain which.)
7. Which elements are liquids at
room temperature? Which are gases?
8. What elements make up which percentage
of your body?
9. What is an isotope? What
does this have to do with the decimal place on the atomic weights of most
elements on the periodic table?
|Back to the Chemistry index|