2. What is electronegativity? Describe
(or draw) the trend of increasing electronegativity across the periodic
3. What determines whether two elements
will form a covalent or an ionic bond? Give an example of compounds
with each type of bond.
4. What is a polar covalent bond?
Give an example of a compound with such a bond.
5. What are diatomic elements? List
6. What is the octet rule?
7. Use electron dot structures to show how atoms combine to form the following molecules.
.8. What does the little “2” represent
|Back to the Chemistry index|