1. What purpose(s) does taxonomy
2. What are some other systems of
taxonomy outside of biology, and what do they classify?
3. Where would you find organisms
that are more alike, in the same Phylum or in the same Genus?
4. What is the scientific name of
humans (genus and species)? (Note: write and spell these correctly.)
5. What types of scientists would
likely use the traditional taxonomy system?
6. How does the science of taxonomy
provided evidence evolution?
Part II: The five kingdoms
1. Of the five kingdoms, which kingdom/kingdoms
is/are include one-celled organisms?
2. Which kingdoms reproduce asexually?
3. One important role in the environment
is the process of decomposition. Which kingdoms have members which
fill this role?
4. Which kingdoms’ members contain cell
5. What kingdom do the following organisms belong in:
|Back to the Biology index|