2. What is trisomy? What is the main
disorder associated with this type of mutation?
3. Give an example of the various types of mutations listed below by appropriately “mutating” the sentence representing the original code.
Original code: thekidatetherat (notice there are no spaces between codons)
Point mutation (aka substitution):
4. What is a thymine dimer, and what causes
one to be produced? (Include a diagram.)
5. What is a carcinogen?
6. What is a silent mutation?
7. What are some benefits of genetic screening
and genetic counseling to society?
|Back to the Biology index|