2. Draw two chromosomes crossing over.
Be sure to indicate different genetic information on each chromosome.
SHOW PUNNET SQUARES FOR ALL THESE PROBLEMS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT!!!
3. What ratio of children would have brown
eyes is you crossed 2 people who were heterozygous for brown eyes?
4. Why are half of all children male?
Explain in relation to mitosis.
5. A man has type AB blood and his wife
has type B. Her baby has type O. Could her husband be the father?
Explain your answer.
6. Mendel found the following statistics
in his experiments with pea plants: 522 white peas, 1584 green peas.
Assuming that all the offspring were from the same parents:
a) which allele is dominant?
b) what was the genotype of the parents? Draw a Punnet square to diagram this cross.
7. Examine the pedigree below. Is
this trait dominantly or recessively inherited? Label each individual
with his/her genotype. Use “J” for the dominant allele and “j” for
|Back to the Biology index|