2. Draw a picture of a cell membrane.
Include phospholipids, proteins, and cholesterol.
3. What does "selectively permeable" mean?
4. Why are cell membranes described with
"fluid mosaic models?"
5. What is the difference between diffusion
6. What would happen to a cell in a hypertonic
solution? Draw a picture with your explanation.
7. What is the difference between active
transport and passive diffusion?
8. What is facilitated diffusion?
9. Describe phagocytosis. What is
it used for?
10. Give examples of materials that pass through the membrane via the following methods.
Facilitated diffusion -
Active transport -
Permeable through the membrane -
|Back to the Biology index|