neuron (give labeled diagram as well)-
2. What is myelin and what is it used for?
What are Schwann cells (illustrate them)?
3. What is multiple sclerosis? On
a physiological level how does this affect your nervous system?
4. What is the central nervous system and
what does it consist of?
5. What is the peripheral nervous system
and what does it consist of?
6. What is a neurotransmitter? List
the major ones and their respective functions.
7. What are ganglia? What function
do they serve?
8. What are synapses?
9. What are vesicles? What function
to they serve?
10. What is an action potential?
Illustrate the process below.
11. What is polarization? What are
the most important ions in this process?
12. What is the Na+/K+ pump, and why is
this classified as active transport?
13. On a physiological level what do neurotoxins
do to your nervous system?
14. What is the “fight or flight” reflex?
How does this affect your nervous system?
15. What is the difference between the
sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous systems?
|Back to the A & P index|