2. List and describe the types of
muscle tissue and provide examples of where they are found.
3. List and describe the three (3)
main functions of muscles and which muscles might perform these functions.
4. List and describe the six types
of muscle arrangements and give examples of where they are found.
5. What happens to your muscles as
you increase your level of exercise?
6. What happens to your muscles as
you decrease your level of exercise?
7. Describe the process of muscle
contraction and the roles of actin, myosin, and ATP in this process.
8. Define motor unit and multiple
motor unit summation. Include a diagram.
9. What are antagonistic muscles?
What are synergistic muscles? What are fixator muscles? Give
examples of each.
10. Describe the classes of “levers”
found in the muscular system and provide examples of where they can be
11. What are some of the characteristics
that provide clues as to the origin of the names of muscles?
|Back to the A & P index|