2. List and describe the three (3) main
functions of muscles.
3. Name at least three of the five
types of muscle arrangements and give an example of where each can be found.
4. What happens to your body when you increase
your level of exercise?
5. Describe and illustrate the process
of muscle contraction and the roles of actin, myosin, and ATP in this process.
6. What is a motor unit? Draw and
label a simple diagram to accompany your explanation.
7. What is the function of each of the
8. Illustrate one of the classes of “levers”
found in the muscular system. Label the load, fulcrum, and effort.
(You must describe where this “lever” can be found in the body for this
answer to be correct.)
|Back to the A & P index|