2. A man has type O blood and his wife
has type AB. Her baby has type B. Could her husband be the
father? Explain your answer using Punnet squares.
3. What are “universal donors” and “universal
recipients”? Explain how this works.
4. What is blood pressure? How is
it measured, what do the numbers mean, and what is a good range for those
numbers to be?
5. Describe the steps in the cycle by which
red blood cells are formed.
6. Describe the flow of blood throughout
the body starting with the heart.
7. Diagram and label cross-sections of
an artery and a vein.
8. Why are capillaries so small relative
to the size of arteries and veins?
9. What purpose do the valves in your circulatory
Circulatory system word bank
deep palmer artery/vein
superior vena cava
|Back to the A & P index|