|I've always wanted to have a
Star Wars room (or two) in my house, but what every Star Wars fan
really wants is to live in Star Wars itself. I got the crazy idea
to design a house with a completely immersive aesthetic in which
designs and set decoration from the movies are repurposed into living
These focus on the original trilogy, but I guess you could draw from
some of the more memorable locations in the prequel trilogy or new wave
of movies too; I'm just using the more iconic imagery here.
There's already lots to choose from, so in many cases I've given more
than one option for modeling each room.
- Death Star - Remember that
view of Alderaan Tarkin and Vader show Leia?
- Rebel debriefing on Yavin IV -
There's no better example of a group of guys sitting around watching
- Star Destroyer - No obvious
seating arrangement, but those windows remind me of big-screen tvs.
- Eating area: Cantina - Lots of
seating options: You've got the counter and stools or the recessed
table with the embedded light.
- Cooking area: Aunt Beru's
kitchen - The one setting in the entire galaxy where food processors
don't stand out!
- Yavin war room - Well, I guess
you could eat breakfast on that big war table.
- Ben's house - It's the closest
thing to a living room in the saga.
- Millenium Falcon - You've got
the equivalent of a sectional and chess table. Add secret
compartments, and you'd be a fool not to follow this decorating scheme.
- Jabba's throne room - Maybe if
you're a giant couch potato.
- Cloud City - Han firing at
Vader is nothing compared to Thanksgiving with your in-laws.
- Death Star conference room -
Assuming you have room for a 20' diameter round table!
- Jedi temple library - It helps
if all your books are glowing blue lights.
- Han and Leia's room on Cloud
City - I know in the movie it's more of a living area, but it looks
cozy. Even the skylight is nice.
- Hoth medical room - White
tiled walls. And the Bacta tank looks like a walk-in shower to me.
- Vader's meditation chamber -
Because the bathroom is everyone's meditation chamber, isn't it?
- Emperor's throne room - That
swivel chair rules, man.
- Tantive IV halls - They look
like they'd double as cabinets too.
- Death Star - If you prefer a
- Death Star elevators - This
would be an awesome sight if you have three in a row, especially if
there's a wookie in one of them.
- Rebel hanger - Take your pick:
Yavin, Hoth, and/or the Mon Calimari frigate.
- Ewok village tree house - Duh!
- Yoda's house - Goes well next
to your pool, especially if you never clean the water!
- Sandcrawler - Because what
better visual metaphor for all your junk and unfinished projects?