|Oooooooooooooooo. Here's the final product, but it was a long road getting here.|
|Here are some concepts we tried:
The ones on the top right is an experiment at having a bridge design mixed with a method for keeping three stones above it (i.e., diamond plus two satellite sapphires). Obviously, this would have been a bit gaudy, but the plan was just to test the concept then streamline the design.
On the lower right is a tension setting that Dani liked. I always pushed for a tension setting (no pun intended), and we ran across a design similar to this at one point, also this doesn't show that we've done anything special with it.
The rest seem to be clueless experiments.
|Top: More attempts to cram three stones
on top with a tension setting. Note that the ring itself is an inverted
omega. That was intentional, although there wasn't any significance.
Bottom: More (extreme!) tension settings, some incorporating bridge designs.
|Although these aren't in chronological order (since I honestly don't know anymore which came before the others), but I think we abandoned the bridge design by this point. We seem to be trying to figure out how to incorporate the side stones.|
|We narrowed some sections and eliminated the second sapphire on either side (The latter weren't supposed to be there, but turned up anyway.)|
|Original side view.|
|Edited (by us) side view. We removed the second stone. The diagonal lines are to indicate that we wanted the band to be slightly narrower.|
|The CAD software has gotten so fancy these days that the light source actually shines through the sapphires and diamond... although it doesn't defract.|
|Not only can we design rings... Sometimes we can even take pretentious-looking pictures as well!|
|Here's the ring on its intended piece of real estate. Location really is everything.|
|Back to the index|