Parts Suppliers: Guitar
Links to suppliers of
- Bodies, necks, hardware, electronics. In short,
More importantly, they do custom options including finishes.
- A great source for all sorts of parts including luthery
tools and materials. They finally put their catalog
Also, they have some good tips for modification, many not covered here.
Electronics - Almost the same content as above, but more
detail in some areas and a glossier layout.
Engineering - Sells parts and kits including a lot of
tone knobs not described on this site.
Engineering - They sell parts and kits to perform most of
the modifications on these pages.
- Lots of very cool electronics. Good prices too!
Labs - Some guys who make MIDI input devices based on
(not true MIDI guitars). Also, many electronics (preamps, onboard
EQs, etc.) for traditional guitars. Definitely check out the
- Neat 12-position rotary that gives you a multitude of options
a single control (i.e., series/parallel, in phase, out, etc.).
- Makes varitones for guitars and even basses. Check him
Note: These links
are provided to help you search for materials and/or ideas in building
or modifying your own dream guitar. I am not affiliated in any
with any of these companies.