Digitech 2120 patches
The following are patches
for use on the Digitech 2120 processor. These will work on other
units as well, although there are some compatibility issues. For
more about this, see Bruce James' indispensable RPEdit
software and documentation. These are the same patches of mine
featured on the RP20 patch page, only they
have been edited to be made compatible with the 2120.
About the patches
Some of these programs are different
edits of the same patch, cases where I was trying out a different settings
but didn't want to overwrite my original patches. As such, some of
the names are repeated, although more often than not, the actual patches
are noticeably different, usually in the preamp/EQ settings.
You will find an overwhelming emphasis
on a few guitarists (e.g., Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour of Pink Floyd,
and Eric Clapton). These happened to be who I was listening to predominantly
when I was tweaking these settings. However, many of the variations
depart from the signature sound of these players, so you will probably
find some surprises.
A final note: I was typically playing
a standard Stratocaster through a Fender Ultimate Chorus amp when I generated
the majority of these patches, so your results may vary... for better or
for worse. Either way, these make good starting points for your own
edits. Tweak on!
VH - The classic "You Really Got Me" sound.
- A clean Strat sound good for "Finish What Ya Started" from OU812.
rhythm - A good Pink Floyd rhythm patch similar to the "Run Like
Hell" repeating figure.
- A crazy sound produced by an extremely short delay with a lot of feedback.
Wah - Just what it sounds like. Funk in A minor.
- Richly phased with thick distortion.
- Fun with auto-wah. Sounds like a keyboard effect.
Fx - Tight distortion with too many effects.
Dreams - The "brown sound" of Eddie with some chorusing to smooth
- Good slapback delay like on a Gene Vincent or Eddie Cochran record.
Brain damage - The clean sound from the Pink Floyd track of the
- The dropped octave distorted sound from the Pink Floyd track of the same
Metal - The classic "scooped" sound like on "...And Justice for
In the flesh - The dropped octave distorted sound from the Pink
Floyd track(s) of the same name.
metal - A kind of detuned/chorused sound to smooth over tight distortion.
Signs of life - Much phasing and delay like on the Pink Floyd track
of the same name.
- Midrange scoop like Metallica.
Working Clapton - Translation: With a little more work maybe this
could sound like Clapton.
- Autowah and distortion emulate the keyboard part on the Van Halen track
of the same name.
- An attempt to get the throaty sound of the former G'n'R guitarist at
me up - This started out at the sound of the guitar playing this
riff before it was tweaked too far.
bass - Basically dry '70s bass sound found on most Wall-era PF
- Loads of reverb. It will put you to sleep if you use it properly.
- A tremolo-rich take on the "Twin Peaks" theme.
- A tidal wave of dropped octaves and reverb.
- The sound of the keyboard theme from the tv show.
- A basic clean sound without distinction.
- Tight distortion good for a lead.
- Distorted but not too heavy, man.
- Another distorted lead.
Bottom - A dropped octave with lots of delay. Makes for interesting
- A quiet, hypnotic tone. Very nice.
- Tight distortion sound good for leads.
- A lightly distorted tone. Variation on "E" below.
- An attempt to copy the classic EVH sound.
76 E -
A lightly distorted tone.
dirty - Adding distortion to the clean PF sound. A variation
on the version above.
- Like Santana's sound on this track.
Clapton lead - Another version of the "Wish It Would Rain Down
On Me" tone.
- Another tight distortion sound good for leads.
||By clicking the icon at the left you can
also download a zip file of all of these patches together with a text file
of the descriptions above. Also included is a text file of the parameters
in SAP format from when they were in RP20 format. This is especially
useful for manually entering parameters if you have incompatibility issues
between different effects units (e.g., RP20 -> 2120).
if anyone has the factory installed-patches for the RP20, please send
me a copy. Thanks!